Ethical Trading Initiative.
It is essential to Rivar Sand and Gravel that as a socially responsible business our stones are ethically sourced, and that we only use suppliers
who are audited and adhere strictly to the Ethical Trading Initiative.
The ETI Base Code
- 1.Employment should be freely chosen with no forced, bonded of involuntary labour.
- 2.Workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- 3.A safe and healthy working environment shall be provided.
- 4.Child labour shall not be used.
- 5.Wages should always be enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
- 6.Working hours are not excessive and comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards.
- 7.Workers should be treated equally regardless of race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual
orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- 8.Regular employment for individuals should be provided where work is ongoing.
- 9.No harsh or inhumane treatment for workers. Physical abuse (or threat of), sexual or other harassment including verbal abuse or intimidation
shall be prohibited.
All stone we buy directly from source or from third party suppliers comply with this ETI Base Code.